Given the state of the world at the moment, we took a step back and looked at how we play our part in enacting change by reducing our carbon footprint and reducing our waste.
Here's what we already do, and have always done:
- Our Wax Melt bags are compostable and will degrade within 10 weeks of getting to landfill - The majority of our labels are made out of recycled paper
- The single use plastic pots that we use for our Pot Shots & Mini Pot Shots can very occasionally get a little chipped during transport. Now we could throw these out as they are not perfect but that just seems like such an unnecessary waste. So if the pot is fit for purpose and can hold the wax securely, we will continue to use them. If you receive one of these chipped pots in your order, we hope that you accept it in the spirit it was intended
"Every year, we throw away enough plastic to circle the world 5 times." - https://www.recyclingbins.co.uk/recycling-facts/
- We use Soy Wax as not only is it Vegan, it is also the eco-friendliest as it is plant-based and contains no chemicals
- We only use Vegan fragrance oil and wax dye
- We will re-use delivery boxes and packing materials where possible
Here's what we are looking into:
- Switching all of our labels to recycled paper options
- Researching the most 'Eco-friendly' delivery services, whilst maintaining value
If there is something else that you think that we could improve on or add to our list of existing measures, please do let us know! You can email us at email@example.com or via our social media channels.